11 May 2009

another weekend-ended

Last week was a rush
after my last blog,
it was all tests and tests
and then project work and then
JPA...Over these few days I may
have forsaken some of my friends
>.<>
So I humbly ask for your apologies
So now that things have settled down a bit, I guess
I will start my blogging again
just in case someone continues to call
me lazy....!!! (It's YOU, wynnie)

truth to be told, I am quite
ecstatic that I got offered the Overseas
Scholarship from JPA for Medicine Course.
But still, I feel weirded out because all
of my friends here in singapore did not get it or
only got the local one.
I think it has something to do with the
government wanting to keep all the bright minds
in the country so that they do not shift
their loyalties to other countries
who knows? It may just be a rumor as much
as a new policy, seeing that malaysia is undergoing
a political change now.

For now, I do hope I get offered to a good country
whereby I would be able to pursue
my ambition of going into the medical field.
For those who did not know,
I have always longed to go for medicine
and never anything else.
I do not think I can imagine myself
doing any other course even if someone were
to hand it over to me on a silver platter.
That is the main reason I only applied for 2
scholarship. The one I am currently holding
the ASEAN scholarship so that I can get a firm
pre-university education to help me in my tertiary pursues
and also the JPA scholarship which I just got offered

since I already knew that I got the ASEAN scholarship
before I had my SPM, I decided that it is only necessary
for me to apply for a degree scholarship after SPM
and if I did not get it, I will still have the ASEAN
scholarship to study for thee GCE 'A' Levels.
The only scholarship I could find anyways,
in my range of 12A1' is the JPA scholarship
Hence, it is the only one I gave a shot at.
I must say I am quite relieved that I got it
and I am truly happy and fortunate to have
been studying in SMJK Keat Hwa
This is because if I have not, I would not
have my friends there to support me
as well as walk on this path together with me
I would not have been so active in co-curricular
activities up till the point that my teachers
would not even ask me the reason for leaving in
the middle of the class, yes, I would just leave.

Than again, I am here also to send out my compassion
for those who did not get the scholarship.
this may not mean much from me but still
this thought is what I have kept ready and
always held, going under the JPA scholarship
is not the only way of going into a university
do not think that you have bet everything you have done up
till now in it. It is merely the commonly misunderstood
"only path" to tertiary education
hear me out, there is and I should say, there are
other ways to pursue your dreams!
you must get a hold of yourself, then you must
not procrastinate further using depression
as a reason, instead, what you should really do is
to create your new plan, go on with it
but as we all know, without sweat and tears,
there is also no success and fulfillment.

I guess that is all I have to say,
Sorry for not having pictures for those of you
who are looking for it
I will try to upload some next time.

See YA next time, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment